Social Media Video Tips
Nowadays, many would rather sit and watch a minute-long video than spend several minutes reading a chunk of text. So if you’re aiming to grow your audience and reach a wider market, producing and publishing a social media video would be a great idea. However, it is not always as simple as posting any random video footage you have out there. You have to take advantage of this venue and the possible viewership to make a great impression.
Here are some social media video tips to keep in mind:
1. Keep it short and simple. Most people generally have a short attention span, and an even shorter attention span on the internet. While some would post videos that are several minutes or even hours long, we highly recommend keeping your social media videos short and simple. Squeeze in as much information as you can within a few seconds to a minute. When you have more to share with your audience, you can lead them to a separate link where you can show a longer video, sometimes called a “deep dive.” But make sure you got them hooked the first time so they’d be longing for more.
2. Your video should be good enough even without sound. If someone’s phone is in silent mode or if they set video volumes to a low level, then there’s a chance they won’t hear the music or script of your social media video. Include text when necessary or make your images and visuals speak to your audience effectively even when they don’t hear a thing.
3. Consider the video size and ratio – it must look great in any device. For example, Facebook for Business recommends a video ratio of 9:16 to 16:9 when uploading to their platform. However, you are allowed to upload videos in different specifications. Some would use 1:1 so that the same video can be shown on Instagram as well. Others would do full-screen vertical videos that are made for Facebook or Instagram stories.
4. Reach out to your target market. Social media platforms have provided a way for businesses to reach their target market easily. Aside from creating your video with your audience in mind, you can reach out to them by promoting your posts. Facebook, for instance, allows you to identify and select your target audience by location, age range, gender, and even their interests.
5. Aim to impress. Last but definitely not least, you must always aim to impress. Never take any chance to reach your audience for granted. People can always select an option to see less of your ads or videos or block your account completely. But if you impress them the first time, then they’d probably love to see more of your brand on their feed.
If you need help with social media video production, our team is here to assist you. CSK Creative in Orlando offers professional photography and videography services that will help you promote your brand. Schedule an appointment to consult with our team today! Give us a call at 407-250-7373.